The following article describes step-by-step how to set up Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 to connect to your Top Tech Hosting email address using POP3.
Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 Login screen
What Youâ€™ll Learn
You will complete the following:
- Open Outlook 2010
- Create a POP3 email address
- Enter your email settings
- Send and Receive email using Outlook 2010
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your domain name.
- Your email address.
- Your email password.
- Top Tech Hosting SMTP bolt-on.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 installed on your computer.
Setup POP3 email in Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. If you have just installed Outlook 2010 it will show in your Start Menu. Click Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- If this is the first time you have opened Outlook 2010 then the Startup wizard will show. Click Next.
Outlook 2010 Startup Wizard
- Outlook will ask if you wish to configure an email account. Select Yes and click Next.
Select Yes to configure an Email account
- If the Setup Wizard does not show then click the File menu and click Add Account.
Add new e-mail account button in Outlook 2010
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
Manually configure Email Account
- Click Next
- Outlook will prompt you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
Add Email Account â€“ Outlook 2010
- You are now asked to enter your email account details.
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address. For example, email@example.com
- Select POP3 for the Account Type
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server â€“ replacing example.com with your own Top Tech Hosting domain name.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Outgoing Mail Server â€“ replacing example.com with your own Top Tech Hosting domain name.
- For User Name, enter your email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your email password
Add POP3 Email Settings in Outlook 2010
- Click "More settings"
- Select "Outgoing Server" tab
- Select the box beside "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
- Select "Use same settings as my incoming email server"
- Click "Ok"
- Click "Next"
- Click "Finish"
Account added successfully â€“ Outlook 2010 success screen
- Your Top Tech Hosting POP3 email account now appears on the left-side of Outlook 2010.
New POP3 email account displayed in Outlook 2010
- From Outlook 2010â€™s menu bar select Send/Receive, then click Send/Receive All Folders
- Outlook 2010 will now connect to your Top Tech Hosting email account and show you any emails in your inbox.
Send and receive â€“ Outlook 2010